Friday, January 16, 2015

When you lose the capacity to dream, you lose the capacity to love

"When you lose the capacity to dream, you lose the capacity to love" - Pope Francis

Very true words. I love my daughter more than anything in the world and because of her, I learned how to dream. When I was younger, my only dream was to meet my Prince, get married and live happily ever after :) But I didn't choose wisely. I married early, based on emotions and did not even think if the person I'm marrying has the same dreams as I have. When my marriage failed, life went on. I was kept busy by work and surviving. Years past, I became older and tired. My life was routine with work and sleep. I was just waiting for my time to die because I thought since my youth passed, I no longer have anything exciting to look forward to. Then one day, I got sick. Very, very, sick. My routine had to change. I had to stop working, stay home, and be with my children 24 hours a day. I was very surprised to learn that they are all very musical. I was even more surprised to learn that my daughter writes songs. And not just any songs, but beautiful songs, with wonderful melodies and lyrics. She told me that music is what she wants to do. She doesn't want to be an Architect, or an Engineer, but she wants to write songs and sing. She wants to be like Taylor Swift her idol. she wants to travel the world with her music, she wants to win a Grammy Award! I became excited. For the first time in a very long time, I found a purpose, a reason to live. I have to help my daughter realize her dreams. I have to support her. I became stronger, determined, passionate. I share in my daughter's dream. It is not just her dream alone, it is our dream. I got my whole family excited and dreaming with us. All this because I love my daughter. Because I love her, I found back my capacity to dream. My colorless life is now again filled with color and challenges and excitement. All these because I loved.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of dreams. I surrender all of our dreams to You. We can do nothing without You Lord. Bless us, lead us, enlighten us, make our dreams come true. I know that You have a perpetual plan for everything, and I surrender to Your Will Lord. You said "Ask and you shall receive" so here I am now asking in Jesus' name please make our dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment