For I have no one like him, who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare. For they all seek their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. - Philippians 2: 20-21
I came from a dysfunctional family. My Mom is my greatest fan and critic. She loves me to the bone but, is always critical of what I do. I learned to be on defense mode whenever I talk to her. Even now, our relationship has not improved, in fact, now that we are both older we tend to disagree more. But no matter how many times a day we argue, we just can't be separated. Sometimes, I feel as though she thinks of me as her ATM machine, but I can't throw her away. Not just because of my sense of duty, but if I'll be real honest with myself, I really do love the old witch :) and I'm scared to death of losing her, I don't even want to think about it. Knowing that I feel this way, why can't I stand being with her for 5 minutes without arguing? I guess, being a Christian and claiming to love the Lord, I don't have a valid excuse. So today, I will try harder to tolerate her. Even when I feel as though she is attacking me, I will keep quiet and not argue. I will change my attitude towards her first and let God work His wonders on our relationship. Today, I will; Submit to God, Submit to my Mother (so help me God), Mature in usefulness (Strengthen my faith), Be content in playing 2nd fiddle (Harmony is produced in ministry), Commit to the 4 A's (Anything, Anywhere, Any time, At any cost).
Dear Lord, I want to love you and face you with a pure heart. Please give me the grace to endure so that I can serve you better. Don't put my humility and patience to the test but instead, help me see Your love in everyone around me especially today. You know my dreams, my plans, my capabilities, my strengths, my weaknesses, and my destiny. Help me hear Your voice louder Lord, in every decision I make, every problem I face, and every conversation I have. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment