Just last week was thinking how hard it is for a new artist in the Philippines to penetrate the big time television networks in our country. I have reached out to multiple friends in the media to ask if they know someone from these networks and perhaps have my kids' band A.K.A. guest in one of their shows to no avail. All of them said they will try, but after waiting for a few days that turned into weeks, then months, I understood that it's never gonna happen. So I wanted to come up with a plan on how I can make A.K.A. more popular so that a major record label can discover their gifts and invest in their musical career But no matter how hard I think, I cannot conjure a solid and feasible plan that would be within my budget as their manager. And so, as what I normally do, I turned to prayers. I told God what I want for A.K.A. and asked for His help and intervention. Before I went to bed I imagined how the next day was going to be and I believed that God will do something new for A.K.A. the next day. Well, that didn't happen. The day passed as usual. But I didn't lose hope. Before I went to bed that night, I imagined the same thing, God will do something new and fabulous for A.K.A. the next day. I woke up at 4:30 am, did my usual routine of prayers, listening to inspirational talks or worship songs in youtube, then doing tai chi then my daily readings. At around 7:00 am I'm done and ready to work. The first thing I do, I open facebook. I send messages to friends who are celebrating their birthdays.Then, I visit their timeline to see if they are A.K.A.likers, if not, I will send them a personal message asking them to like my kids' page at www.facebook.com/AKARockBand then I will read my messages, and friend requests. This is what I do everyday, not knowing that on that day God was ready to give me what I asked for. Mid-afternoon, I got 2 messages. One friend celebrating his birthday is actually a researcher for Abscbn's Rated K and he visited my kids' page like I asked him to and now he's asking if they can feature the band in their show! The other message was an invitation for me to be interviewed for GMA7's Startalk, and of course I will not accept it if they will not feature my kids' band. Wow! 2 top rating TV Shows in 2 major networks in the Philippines at the same time! I actually cried after confirming the invitations because once again, I experienced God the Miracle Maker in action! Hallelujah!
Thursday, January 22, 2015
God in action
Just last week was thinking how hard it is for a new artist in the Philippines to penetrate the big time television networks in our country. I have reached out to multiple friends in the media to ask if they know someone from these networks and perhaps have my kids' band A.K.A. guest in one of their shows to no avail. All of them said they will try, but after waiting for a few days that turned into weeks, then months, I understood that it's never gonna happen. So I wanted to come up with a plan on how I can make A.K.A. more popular so that a major record label can discover their gifts and invest in their musical career But no matter how hard I think, I cannot conjure a solid and feasible plan that would be within my budget as their manager. And so, as what I normally do, I turned to prayers. I told God what I want for A.K.A. and asked for His help and intervention. Before I went to bed I imagined how the next day was going to be and I believed that God will do something new for A.K.A. the next day. Well, that didn't happen. The day passed as usual. But I didn't lose hope. Before I went to bed that night, I imagined the same thing, God will do something new and fabulous for A.K.A. the next day. I woke up at 4:30 am, did my usual routine of prayers, listening to inspirational talks or worship songs in youtube, then doing tai chi then my daily readings. At around 7:00 am I'm done and ready to work. The first thing I do, I open facebook. I send messages to friends who are celebrating their birthdays.Then, I visit their timeline to see if they are A.K.A.likers, if not, I will send them a personal message asking them to like my kids' page at www.facebook.com/AKARockBand then I will read my messages, and friend requests. This is what I do everyday, not knowing that on that day God was ready to give me what I asked for. Mid-afternoon, I got 2 messages. One friend celebrating his birthday is actually a researcher for Abscbn's Rated K and he visited my kids' page like I asked him to and now he's asking if they can feature the band in their show! The other message was an invitation for me to be interviewed for GMA7's Startalk, and of course I will not accept it if they will not feature my kids' band. Wow! 2 top rating TV Shows in 2 major networks in the Philippines at the same time! I actually cried after confirming the invitations because once again, I experienced God the Miracle Maker in action! Hallelujah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment